Thursday, May 15, 2014

What is your intention today?

When we wake up every morning, we often get caught up immediately with our ongoing to-do list in our heads: I must brush my teeth, I have an 9 am meeting, I'm going to have a tough day today, I should eat healthier, I need to go to the gym and the list goes on and on. Aren't you exhausted doing this every morning? I am.

Wouldn't it be great to wake up every morning and realize our good fortune that we're taking one more breath on this earth? Realize our good fortune that our health and conditions have allowed us to live for another day? Wouldn't that be a nice intention to have for the day... 

Instead of going about our daily routines like a to do list, let's try to appreciate everything that's happening in our lives. From the drops of rain to the interesting characters we meet throughout the day. After all, we have no control over our external conditions. We can't control the weather. So why let the rain or snow bother you? Remember your first snow day when you were a child and how happy you were? What changed now? Why are you miserable when it snows? Did the snow change or did your mind change? 


Your mind is capable of incredible things, including setting your intention for the day. When acclimate weather arrives, your mind has the ability to set a good intention or a bad intention. After all, snow melts and rain dries. Nothing in this world is permanent. So, why get hung up on things that we know will go away? Let's set our good intention today by thinking how fortunate we are to be taking another breath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment