When we encounter a difficult situation in our lives, we often react with worry. We worry about an outcome, we worry that a person might not like us if we say something they don't like to hear, we worry about everything! And then our mind often start to imagine different outcomes and scenarios based on that worried mind.
Why do we chose to live this way? Living in a reality that isn't even real!
We always hear people say: live in the moment, carpe diem or seize the day. But I don't think a lot of people, including me, understand what this truly means. It takes practice to live in the moment and not let your mind wander into scenarios and outcomes that aren't real. It takes understanding and wisdom to realize that to live in the moment, we need to understand that our current "reality" is impermanent.
What do I mean by this? Let's take a look at the basics. Everything in this world is not permanent correct? We hear people say: nothing last forever. All living beings will die and give their bodies back to the earth to help regenerate new living beings. All other objects will transform itself into other objects within seconds or sometimes within decades. Water evaporates and buildings erode. Anger subsides and happiness calms.
If we know this to be reality, then why do we worry so much? A worried mind cannot make sound and rational decisions when it encounters a difficult situation. We need to realize the impermanence nature of everything in this world.
If I realize that my phone will ultimate die someday because the battery will simply die, then do I need to worry about my phone dying? No, because I know the truth that phone dies. When that moment happens, I will accept my reality.
Let's remember today that objects, situations and people are not permanent. And observe how our mind will start letting go of the worry mind and start living in the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment